What I am reading
- Storytelling with Data by Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
- Articulating Design Decisions by Tom Greever – As designers, we are very good at solving design problems but not very good at explaining how we got to it. This book helps in sorting out or process and transcribing them into words to better communicate our solutions.
- Hardboiled Web Design. – 5th Anniversary Edition by Andy Clarke
- Affinity Designer Workbook – Since switching to a Macbook, I took on new apps and as replacement for Adobe Photoshop, I purchased Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. I am learning my way around them.
“In fact, a good library is filled with mostly unread books. That’s the point.” – The Antilibrary
- The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug
- Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelley
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy by Steve Krug
Selected “Done reading”
- Creativity: The Psychology of Discovery and Invention by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Neuro Web Design by Susan Weinschenk
- Quiet: The Power Of Introverts In A World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Better Email in Design by Jason Rodriguez
- Creative Confidence by Tom and David Kelley (See my notes here)
Inspired by this post “The Antilibrary“.